Errol L. Pierre
Anthem (Empire BlueCross BlueShield), New York, NY
2/2018 – Present VP & Chief Operating Officer, NY Market
- Drive the execution of the annual growth strategy and ensure programs and practices are developed and implemented to ensure effective sales, retention, underwriting, broker strategies/incentives, and product development.
- Accountable for profit/loss, sales and retention for the Individual business lines.
- Drive the development of strategies related to network management, medical management and local cost of care analysis.
- Indirectly oversee enrollment and billing, claims and customer service for all commercial customers in New York.
- Serve as an extended member of Anthem East Region Leadership team support broad commercial business strategies and achieve optimal results.
- Oversee a three year system migration project moving business from a legacy systems to the Anthem branded system.
Healthfirst, New York, NY
4/2015 – 01/2018 Vice President of Medicaid and Commercial Markets
- Exceeded profit margin targets by roughly 3% generating over $132M in profit across all products in 2015.
- Launched Essential Plan, a new health insurance product, which has outperformed membership, revenue, and profit targets year to date.
- Lead, direct, and manage a team of 240 associates focused on launching and managing health insurance products and selling and retaining a 1.1M member book of business.
- Lead a project team responsible for launching the company’s first commercial insurance company, product, and sales strategy for 2017.
10/2012–3/2015 Assistant Vice President of Product Development
- Provide competitive intelligence to Senior Management with recommendations accessing growth opportunities
- Lead all new product initiatives focused on expanding coverage to low-income populations in New York City
- Strategic planning and execution of the health exchange implementation ensuring operational readiness
Anthem (Empire BlueCross BlueShield), New York, NY
2/2012 –9/2012 Director of Strategy Programs & Sales, NY Market
- Serve as the Chief of Staff to the CEO organizing 13 high level strategic initiatives representing more than 5.5 million members.
- Lead NY’s health benefit exchange strategy, development and planning for 2014 readiness.
- Manage the office of competitive intelligence providing insights and recommendations for future growth opportunities.
- Responsible for 5 year strategic planning initiatives incorporating health care reform dynamics and membership shifts.
- Continue to oversee and manage all small group sales and strategy activities optimizing year over year operating margins by more than 8%.
2/2010 – 2/2012 Downstate Sales Manager, Small Group New Business & Account Management, NY Market
- Oversee a diverse team of 7 sales professionals responsible for growing a book of business with 90% retention of 10+ groups and over 38k new member sales.
- Led the sales of over 2,000 brand new prime & complete dental members increasing medical penetration to almost 10% of the book.
- Exceeded medical/vision 2010 sales and retention targets by 22% in a market facing economic downturn.
- Provide strategic recommendations as a subject matter expert to the operations and marketing areas to ensure efficiency and overall service excellence.
4/2008–12/2009 Business Development Consultant, NY Strategy Planning
- Designed business development initiatives that assist in managing the profit/loss of the 2-2,500 Market.
- Presented the 2010 business plan to over 600 brokers as the product and market subject matter expert.
- Implemented the NY 2010 broker compensation program expected to increase membership and op gain.
6/2007 – 3/2008 Senior Business Development Specialist, NY Strategy Planning
- Assisted in launching three medical insurance products in 2007 increasing retention from 88.3% to 88.7%.
- Recruited as a member of a team tasked with developing the commercial business broker incentive program.
1/2007 – 5/2007 Small Group Segment Analyst, NY Strategy Planning
- Designed a homegrown forecasting predictability model shortening the sales planning process by 2 months.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
New York University, Wagner School of Public Service
9/2009 – 5/2013 MPA – Health Policy & Financial Management
Fordham University, College of Business Administration
9/2001 – 5/2005 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Concentration: Finance
Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
1/2009 – 4/2009 Kelley Executive Partners – WellPoint Business Excellence Program
John Hopkins University, Carey School of Business
4/2007 – 4/2008 American Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) – Minority Management Development Program
ACTIVITIES & AWARDS
06/2014 – Present: One Hundred Black Men: Board Member, Co-Chair: Health & Wellness
06/2014 – Present: NOAH NY: Haiti Medical Mission Volunteer
01/2012 – Present: West Side YMCA: Vice Chair, Board Member
9/2016 – West Side YMCA’s Summer Internship Mentor of the Year Award
10/2015 – National Association of Health Services Executives Percy Allen II Award
07/2015 – YMCA of Greater NY’s Volunteer of the Year Award
06/2014 – Network Journal’s 40 under Forty Award